Andheri East is the New Commercial Hub of Mumbai
With its proximity to the international airport, railway station, and metro junction, Andheri East has become the favorite destination of corporate houses and Residential Buildings. Located along the Western Express Highway, here you can find a plethora of offices, stores, restaurants and pubs, as well as good apartments to buy or rent.
As the commercial capital of India, it comes as no surprise that most of the business and commercial offices in India find their home in Mumbai. Business or commercial districts comprise of private and government offices, business conglomerates, and the like. Some of the well-known hubs in Mumbai city include:
- Churchgate, Fort, and Nariman Point
- Central Mumbai, comprising localities like Worli, Lower Parel, and Prabhadevi
- The Western Suburbs with places like Bandra Kurla Complex (BKC), Santacruz East, and Goregaon
- Eastern Suburbs like Vikhroli, Bhandup, and Powai
- The I.T. Hubs comprising Thane and Navi Mumbai
However, there’s a new commercial hub making its mark in the city – the eastern districts of Andheri. Comprising of upcoming and well-known I.T. hubs, media houses, and financial companies, Andheri East is the next big thing. A number of factors come into play here.
- Connectivity: Andheri East enjoys connectivity to all major routes and railways. From the Jogeshwari Vikhroli Link Road (JVLR), to the Andheri Kurla Link Road; the VersovaAndheri-Ghatkopar metro line, and the Western railway line at the Andheri Station – Andheri East brings in office-goers from far-flung parts of the city.
- Cost Advantage: The region also boasts of a massive cost advantage over other traditional commercial hubs like Bandra Kurla Complex and Nariman Point, as the latter have been outpricing themselves over the years. The commercial capital values, as well as the lease rentals vary greatly as compared to the other hubs.
- Host to Various Disciplines: Andheri East has slowly yet steadily started to play host to a number of disciplines, including yet not restricted to financial centers and bank offices, I.T. and ITeS, manufacturing houses, media agencies, retail centers, and various other MNCs.
- Upcoming Metro Projects: The introduction of Mumbai’s extensive upcoming metro projects, couldn’t have come at a better time. With proposed lines connecting Dahisar to D.N. Nagar (Andheri), Colaba to Bandra and SEEPZ (Andheri), and Andheri East to Dahisar East, Andheri East now finds itself in an extremely favorable position to be in.
The Western Express Highway is easily accessible from Andheri East and links it to the eastern suburbs of Mulund, Vikhroli and Powai in addition to commercial zones like Lower Parel and the Bandra-Kurla Complex. The SEAR elevated road offers direct access between the Western Express Highway and the T2 Terminal of the International Airport. There are several reputed educational institutions in and around the area. These include St. Xavier’s High School, Holy Family School, Tolani College of Commerce, St Dominic Savio High School, and the Shri Chinai College of Commerce & Economics. The Seven Hills Hospital is also located here along with hotels like the Courtyard by Marriott, Hyatt, Leela, ITC Maratha, and Le Royal. The Oberoi Mall, R City Mall, and Hub Mall are easily accessible from the area along with several multiplexes.